Friday, July 31, 2009

What the Government does to Family

Normally I think of myself as very pro-America. After all there are a lot worse places you can live. But a recent experience has soured me on our government.

My husband owns his own business and he set it up as a sole proprietorship. As with everything else people own the government wants its cut. So he'd set up payment plans to insure that the money was paid. However, he apparently forgot to dot some i's or cross some t's because the government came in a seized all his cash despite the fact that he was obviously trying to work with them.

He is a painter. So how the government expects him to pay the rest of the money without the capitol to purchase paint or buy gas I'll never know. But the government theft didn't stop there. Because his company is a sole proprietorship the government felt justified in seizing the money from our personal account as well.

Now, not only does he not have the capitol to do his work but he also no longer has the capitol to provide basic necessities for his family. However, what I found to be the most egregious was the fact that they seized the money from my little girls bank account. They are both quite young and hadn't managed to save much, but the government felt it was more entitled to that $15 than my two baby girls.

I'm sorry, but I find this whole situation a little reminiscent of governments throwing people into debtors prison until they pay back their debt. How are you supposed to work without the capitol to run your business? Moreover, why would they steal money from people who were obviously trying to work with them?

No comments: